Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bowtie Asian Chicken Salad

I took this one to Mike's work potluck today, but not before saving a bowl for myself for lunch :)

Salad:
3-4 chicken breasts cooked, cubed and cooled*
3-4 T. sunflower seeds
1/2 lb. bowtie noodles cooked and drained
1 1/2 heads of romaine lettuce

Dressing:
1/2 C. oil
1/2 C. sugar
1 t. sesame seeds
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. rice vinegar
1/2 t. sesame oil
1/2 t. garlic powder

Stir, refrigerate and serve.
*Note: My favorite way to prepare chicken for salads or as a pizza topping is this:
First I marinate my chicken in buttermilk all day (if no buttermilk 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice) this makes for some extra moist chicken.

The best way I've found to pre-cook the chicken is to place each breast in the center of a square piece of aluminum foil and sprinkle on both sides with salt (and pepper, if desired). Fold up the sides of the foil to form a sealed packet. (Like a tin foil dinner).  Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. The chicken will come out moist and delicious. Simply cool and cube the chicken and it is ready to add to your recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment